Common sense and safe practices can prevent most injuries when taking care of your backyard pool.
- Carefully read all product labels before using or storing chemicals.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment such as goggles, gloves and mask before storing or using chemicals.
- Be sure to keep all chemicals out of the reach of children and pets, preferably in a locked area.
- Do not mix chemicals with each other or other materials. Something as common as pop can be very dangerous if spilled on pool chemicals!
- Only pre-dissolve chemicals if required by manufacturer directions. Add chemicals to water, never visa versa.
- Store chemicals separately to avoid combustibles.
- Avoid high heat and sunlight, rain and excessive moisture.
- Use caution when opening liquid containers to avoid splashing.
- Store liquids away from granular or tablet products in case of leaks.
- Don’t smoke in the vicinity of pool chemicals.
- When applying the chemicals to the water directly at the poolside, do so in an area where the wind or ventilation carry product dust or fumes away from yourself or others.
- Don’t mix old chemicals with new chemicals.
- Clean any tools and equipment (scoops, buckets, etc) used to handle one chemical before using with a different chemical.
- Always wash hands after handling chemicals.
Swimming pools are a fantastic addition to your outdoor living area. Some chemicals necessary to maintain your pool water have options available that are safer to use than the classic pool chemicals. Ask our staff about alternative treatment options available! Take time to slow down and think while using chemicals in and around your pool this season. We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable pool season.
Call Aqua Palace Today (712) 329-4180!
A little preventive maintenance will save you headaches later on.As always, it’s either pay now or pay later. Usually, if you pay now, it’s easier on your pocketbook than if you pay later. In the long term, a little preventive maintenance upfront pays off huge dividends over the lifespan of your Omaha pool. Want more information? Contact us Aqua Palace is family owned and operated, offering above ground and in-ground pools, hot tubs, spas and saunas specializing in pool design, installation and repair to local (Omaha and Council Bluffs) and long distance residents (within the US). We are the only Marquis dealer in the Omaha Metro Area with the largest showroom east of the continental divide. Not located in Omaha? No worries, check out our online store for pool and spa chemicals, supplies and accessories.