BAQUACIL® brand is all about chlorine-free, carefree pool care that fits comfortably into your routine – creating more opportunities for you to enjoy clear, sparkling water all season long. Naturally, some maintenance is required. But what you’ll love most about both our BAQUACIL® CDX® System is how easy it is to maintain once you’ve started your pool on this complete 3-step system.
Spotlight on BAQUACIL® CDX® System Weekly Maintenance
The BAQUACIL® CDX™ System includes three key components that work together to save you time and maintenance: BAQUACIL® Sanitizer and Algistat (step 1), BAQUACIL® Oxidizer (step 2) and BAQUACIL® CDX® (step 3).
Tip: To maintain good water clarity, it’s important that the BAQUACIL® CDX® product is added immediately following the BAQUACIL® Oxidizer. Always add BAQUACIL® CDX® product to the skimmer with the pump running.
- On a weekly basis, it is recommended that you test and adjust your water balance readings to within ideal ranges (Oxidizer in the mid range on your test strip, Sanitizer 40-50 ppm, pH 7.5) Be sure to use your BAQUACIL® 4-Way Test Strips that now test for the presence of oxidizer.
- BAQUACIL® CDX® System Routine
- BAQUACIL® Sanitizer and Algistat
- Check weekly and top-up if necessary. Add directly to pool.
- Keep sanitizer levels between 40 and 50 ppm.
- Do not allow sanitizer level to drop below 30 ppm.
- BAQUACIL® Oxidizer
- Add weekly in front of skimmer.
- 1 quart per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- BAQUACIL® CDX® Product
- Add weekly directly into skimmer with pump running.
- 1 pint per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Always add BAQUACIL® CDX® Product immediately after the addition of the BAQUACIL® Oxidizer. Maintaining a regular pool care routine is key to creating plenty of time for fun and relaxation in your pool. Housekeeping, checking water balance, sanitization and testing your on a regular basis is all part of the general pool care.
- Here’s a good overview of items to consider in this category:
General Pool Care
- Algae Prevention Around the Omaha Nebraska area, with our high summer temperatures we recommend that you introduce an algae preventative program. Use BAQUACIL® Algicide or BAQUACIL® Performance Algicide once per week for prevention.
- Vacuuming and brushing your pool weekly
- Running the filter 24/7
- Cleaning around the tile and waterline
- Keeping the skimmer and pump baskets clear
- Checking the filter pressure, backwashing or cleaning filter as needed
- Chemically cleaning the filter at least twice during the season with the Backwash Filter Cleaner or Sand Filter Cleaner
- Preventing algae, especially in our region where high summer temperatures occur.Maintaining your pool water in the proper balance pays big rewards. First, water that has its key chemical factors in the appropriate balance range makes for very comfortable swimming, while even protecting your pool and equipment. Second, balanced water makes pools easier to maintain. Properly balanced swimming pool water meets the following criteria:
- Water Balance
- pH: 7.5
- Total Alkalinity: 80-150 ppm
- Calcium Hardness: 180-250 ppm (vinyl pools)
- Total Dissolved Solids: less than 2,000 ppm
- Sanitizer: 40-60 ppm
- Oxidizer: In ideal range (middle color spectrum)
Aqua Palace is your Authorized BAQUACIL® Dealer! We carry the full range of BAQUACIL® balance products, specially designed to make water balance adjustments quick and easy. As with all pool chemicals, follow the instructions and precautions on the labels of all products.